Support the show, consider donating:
BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (http://bit.ly/2rChHfs)
ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (http://bit.ly/2pEUs2f)
The saying goes: if you’re not paying for it, it’s likely that you’re the product. And with the rise of targeted ads, user behavior tracking, and alike, more and more users are turning to ad blocking software to protect their privacy and improve their browsing experience. In the last 25 years, the content monetization and Internet advertising industries have evolved to become complex ecosystems with multiple intermediating layers between users, publishers, and advertisers. This has created a situation where user’s rights are constantly violated and where little accountability exists.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Brendan’s background as an early Internet pioneer
- How monetization of content and attention on the Internet are broken
- How the Internet advertising industry works and the players involved
- A high-level overview of the Brave browser
- Brave’s features and product roadmap
- The Basic Attention Token and its role as a currency for attention
- How BAT will serve to create attention marketplaces between publishers, advertisers, and users
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Ledger: Smart card security for your Bitcoins – http://ledgerwallet.com
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.
Source: BTC Last News